Thursday 18 April 2013

Evaluation Question 6

"What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this media product?"

Firstly, I learnt how to use a camera. I have had little to none experience in the field of video cameras, so this has been a completely new experience for me. 
Fortunately for me, getting to grips with a camera is more straight forward as all the necessary parts are clearly labelled and 'fool proof' to a first time user like me. However, it is the actual process of putting the camera to use properly, to get worthwhile footage out of it, that is the hardest part.
Also, I got first time experiences of coming to grips with the camera 'accessories' such as dollies, and tripods, as part of a scene filming set up, this was interesting as you realise how much you rely on them for ease of camera use once you've experienced a practice film with them.

During the process of creating my film opening, I came up against Adobe After Effects. I was completely thrown in at the deep end with this program, being someone who has spent their life sheltered by the internet and Microsoft Word, so I therefore had no clue programs like this properly existed for ordinary computers. However, we had a workshop in which the class was taught the ins and outs of the software and set our own task of recreating Saul Bass' 'The Man With The Golden Arm'.
This is an example of what I came up with...


Progressing on from getting to grips with the software ended up with the production of my Company Ident for my film.


From After Effects, we moved on to Adobe Premier Pro. Premier Pro was the main software program that was used in the construction of the film opening product, and yet again, it was one that I had no past experience in using. Premier Pro contains every part of the editing process that you need. I learnt to crop the videos, add in and remove sound, and match clips together to create my final piece.





No comments:

Post a Comment